The Berks Art Alliance began in November of 1941 as The Art Haven Guild of Berks County and changed its name to the Berks Art Alliance in 1947. 

The first annual membership exhibition was held in March of 1944 at the studio and gallery at 538 Centre Avenue, Reading.  That show continues today at the BAA’s present home, the Yocum Institute for Arts Education in Wyomissing.  The BAA also continues to host an annual open juried art exhibition, inaugurated in 1977. Today, with over 200 active members, the BAA continues a legacy of fostering passion for the arts in Berks County.

⇐Return